For more than 15 years, GigaKOM has been supporting the K-12 marketplace in California. GigaKOM currently does business with more than 70 School Districts throughout the State, so no matter what your need is, we can help. GigaKOM provides professional solutions and services to improve the client’s technological capabilities.
Integration services and implementation management are mission-critical to any technology project. GigaKOM integrates these services to provide a single source for all your technology needs. Below are samples of the ways that GigaKOM can assist our education clients.
Local and Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) Design & Implementation Services.
GigaKOM helps organizations design, install, and maintain enterprise-wide systems for voice, video, and data communications. Utilizing industry-standard technology, certified engineers, and project managers, GigaKOM works with organizations to ensure stable, robust, and expandable solutions for our client’s needs. Network documentation and infrastructure testing capabilities are an integral part of the LAN/WAN services. Whether wired or wireless, GigaKOM has the experience and expertise to design, build, and install your network infrastructure.
GigaKOM provides our clients with the programs and tools necessary to ensure network security at all levels. GigaKOM analyzes, recommends, and installs security systems and assists in establishing policies and procedures to provide the highest level of technology security available. GigaKOM provides an array of security provisions: physical security, desktop provisions, virus protection software, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and internet filtering capabilities.
GigaKOM, through its experience and partnerships, offers a high level of expertise in product selection, purchasing, installation, and maintenance – from desktop computers to the entire network infrastructure. GigaKOM offers a hardware/software asset management and license compliance service.
Thin Client Computing.
GigaKOM guides businesses in the decision and implementation of thin-client solutions. Thin-client technology transforms networks from a collection of decentralized computer devices into a centrally managed computing environment, providing low-cost, standardized, easily updateable, and centralized systems.
GigaKOM believes in providing a complete and comprehensive support program to our Clients. As such, we have developed an encompassing maintenance program for the operations and optimization of your network called CareKOM. CareKOM provides for the complete delivery of maintenance services from hardware and software warranty programs, preventative maintenance, pre-scheduled maintenance services and on-demand remote and on-site technical support. The goal of our CareKOM is to keep your network in an optimized state insuring the highest up-time and dependability.
Educational Product Needs.
• Wireless Networking -Access Points, Controllers, and surveys.
• Video Surveillance – IP and Digital Systems including Milestone software and a complete line of cameras including Axis, Sony, Mobotix, Panasonic, and Cisco.
• Computers and Laptops whether for Administrative or Educational needs we carry a complete line of High Performance, Rugged and cart-based solutions from manufacturers such as: HP, Panasonic, Dell, Lenovo, and custom build.
• Monitors and Digital Signage including Smart Boards and eLearning Systems for your desktop, Rack, Wall-mount, and free-standing implementations. Projection systems, Custom Software and messaging solutions.
• Printers: We provide everything from Inkjets through Color high-volume. Our services include special toner programs and pay-per-print. We can provide HP, Lexmark, Dell, and a complete line of other manufacturers.
• Accessories: Cables, Cases, Keyboards / Mouse Devices, and other Peripherals.
• Ergonomic Technology Systems: We specialize in Ergotron and HP carts, lecterns, and mobile presentation platforms.
• Software. We can provide a complete suite from Microsoft Educational Licensing, Symantec Backup and Anti-Virus services, and a host of cloud-based solutions.
Technology is the key to addressing the challenges necessary to transform higher education. To provide an educational environment that is safe for learning for students while addressing challenges in recruiting faculty and staff, institutes of Higher Education are demanding more from their Technology.